Ammonium glycyrrhizinate is an active ingredient derived from licorice that has a range of potential applications in health and wellness products. It is a combination of ammonium glycyrrhizinate, ascorbic acid and magnesium glycyrrhizinate, which can be used alone or in combination to provide a variety of health benefits.
What is Ammonium Glycyrrhizinate?
Ammonium glycyrrhizinate is an organic compound created through a combination of ammonium and glycyrrhizinate. It is a white, crystalline powder with a pungent odor. It is mainly used as an active ingredient in health and wellness products such as cosmetics, nutritional supplements, and beverages.
Where is Ammonium Glycyrrhizinate generally used?
Ammonium glycyrrhizinate is most commonly used in health and wellness products due to its natural anti-inflammatory properties. It has the potential to reduce inflammation in the skin and other tissues, improve the appearance of acne, reduce the signs of aging, and improve overall skin health. Ammonium glycyrrhizinate is also used in some dietary supplements to provide antioxidant benefits, as well as to improve digestion, reduce fatigue, and boost immunity.
Where is Ammonium Glycyrrhizinate found?
Ammonium glycyrrhizinate is found naturally in licorice root but can also be synthesized in a lab. It is extracted from licorice and then refined to create its active ingredients, which are then used in health and wellness products.
What are the health benefits of Ammonium Glycyrrhizinate?
- It may help to reduce inflammation in the skin and other tissues
- It has antioxidant properties which can help to protect cells from damage
- It may help to reduce the signs of ageing including wrinkles and dark spots
- It may be able to reduce acne symptoms
- It may help to improve digestion and reduce fatigue
- It may help to boost the immune system
Interesting Facts about Ammonium Glycyrrhizinate:
- It has a pungent odor
- It has a sweet taste
- It is used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat fevers, sore throats and coughs
- It is used to make candy and foods
- It can be used in combination with other ingredients to increase the effectiveness of a product
Other similar ingredients for comparison include sodium glycyrrhizinate, potassium glycyrrhizinate, and calcium glycyrrhizinate. All of these substances are derived from licorice root, but have slightly different properties and applications. Ammonium glycyrrhizinate is unique in that it offers a range of health benefits due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immuno-protective properties.