What is Aerva lanata?
Aerva lanata is an herbaceous perennial plant that is native to tropical and subtropical regions across India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Its leaves have a unique fuzzy texture and the plant produces small bright yellow flowers. The plant is known to have a number of medicinal properties and is used widely in traditional herbal medicine.
Where is Aerva lanata generally used?
Aerva lanata is widely used in traditional Ayurvedic and Unani medicine for treating a variety of health conditions. It is useful in the treatment of fever, indigestion, high cholesterol and other ailments. In addition, it is often used as a tonic to improve overall health and wellbeing.
Where is Aerva lanata found?
Aerva lanata is native to tropical and subtropical regions across India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. It is usually found in moist, well-drained areas and can grow in full sun or partial shade.
What are the health benefits of Aerva lanata?
The health benefits of Aerva lanata are numerous. It is an effective remedy for fever, as it helps to reduce body temperature. It is also an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that help to improve the body's immunity, reduce inflammation and protect the body from diseases. It is also known to improve digestion, reduce cholesterol levels and help to detoxify the body.
Interesting Facts about Aerva lanata
- It is known to be a powerful diuretic, helping to remove toxins from the body.
- It can also help to reduce blood pressure.
- The leaves and stems of the plant are rich in vitamins A and C, and minerals like iron, calcium and magnesium.
- The plant is also said to possess antifungal properties.
List of other similar ingredients and their properties
- Azadirachta indica – anti-bacterial and antifungal.
- Bacopa monnieri – useful for improving cognitive abilities.
- Commiphora mukul – useful for reducing joint pain and inflammation.
- Curcuma longa – antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour properties.
- Eclipta alba – useful for improving hair health.
- Ficus benghalensis – useful for improving digestion.
- Withania somnifera – useful for combating stress and improving energy levels.