What is Arginine Orotate?
Arginine orotate is a form of L-arginine, an essential amino acid, bound to orotic acid. It was initially synthesized in the late 1970s by Russian scientists who wanted to create a more bioavailable form of L-arginine that could be absorbed more efficiently into the bloodstream and tissues.
Where is Arginine Orotate generally used?
Arginine orotate is most commonly used for its potential ability to improve physical performance and boost muscle strength. It may be beneficial for boosting nitric oxide levels, which can help relax blood vessels and increase blood flow, allowing for increased exercise performance and improved recovery. It is also thought to be helpful in improving heart health, as well as offering some potential anti-aging benefits.
Where is Arginine Orotate found?
Arginine orotate can be found in food sources like dairy, beef, and fish, although the amount present in these foods is not believed to be high enough to provide the potential benefits. It can also be taken in supplement form, typically sold as capsules or tablets.
What are the health benefits of Arginine Orotate?
There are a few potential health benefits associated with taking Arginine Orotate, including:
- Improved cardiovascular health: Arginine Orotate may help to lower blood pressure and improve heart health by increasing nitric oxide production, which helps to relax the blood vessels and improve blood flow.
- Improved physical performance: Arginine Orotate may help to boost physical performance and muscle strength by increasing nitric oxide levels, which can help to improve exercise performance and recovery.
- Potential anti-aging benefits: Arginine Orotate may offer some potential anti-aging benefits due to its ability to increase nitric oxide production, which is known to be beneficial for skin health and cellular repair.
- Improved immune system: Arginine orotate may also help to improve immune system health by increasing the production of certain antibodies and cytokines.
Interesting Facts about Arginine Orotate
- Arginine orotate is believed to be more bioavailable than other forms of L-arginine, which means it can be more easily absorbed into the bloodstream and tissues.
- Arginine orotate is the only form of L-arginine that has been studied by Russian scientists in the 1970s.
- Arginine orotate is thought to be more beneficial than other forms of L-arginine for cardiovascular health.
List of other similar ingredients
- L-Arginine – an amino acid that is found in many proteins
- L-Citrulline – a non-essential amino acid
- Creatine – a supplement that is used to increase physical performance
- Beta-Alanine – an amino acid that helps the body create carnosine
- Acetyl L-Carnitine – an amino acid that helps the body produce energy
Potential Side Effects
As with any supplement, Arginine Orotate may cause some potential side effects, such as an upset stomach, nausea, and headaches. It is also known to increase blood pressure, which can be dangerous for those with existing heart conditions. Therefore, it is important to take the recommended dose and speak to your healthcare professional prior to taking the supplement.
In summary, Arginine Orotate is a form of L-arginine that is believed to be more bioavailable than other forms of this essential amino acid. It is most commonly used for its potential benefits for physical performance, heart health, and anti-aging. It is important to take the recommended dosage and to speak to your healthcare provider prior to taking Arginine Orotate.