What is Bee Propolis?
Bee propolis is a natural substance produced by worker honey bees as a resin-like material that is used to build and maintain their hives. This sticky, waxy material is commonly referred to as “bee glue” and contains a combination of organic compounds, waxes, resins, and oils that are collected from the buds and bark of trees and shrubs. Propolis has been used in herbal medicine for centuries and is believed to have antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that can aid in healing and promoting wellness.
Where is Bee Propolis Generally Used?
Bee propolis is most commonly used as a dietary supplement but has also been used in topical applications to help treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Additionally, it can be found in various beauty and skin care products such as creams, lip balms, and soaps.
Where is Bee Propolis Found?
The main sources of bee propolis are the honey bee hives, although it can also be found in the wild. It is typically harvested from bee hives by beekeepers, who scrape the material from the inside of the hive and then filter and purify it for use.
What are the Health Benefits of Bee Propolis?
• Propolis has been found to have natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which can help to boost immunity and reduce signs of aging.
• It may help to speed up wound healing by reducing inflammation and promoting cell growth.
• Bee propolis is believed to help improve skin health and can effectively fight bacterial and fungal infections on the skin.
• It can also help to reduce allergies and asthma symptoms due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
• When taken orally, propolis is thought to boost the immune system and aid in digestion.
Interesting Facts about Bee Propolis
• Bee propolis is sometimes referred to as “bee glue” because of its sticky, waxy texture.
• Propolis is made up of a complex mixture of organic compounds, waxes, resins, and oils.
• It was once used as a sealant to fill in cracks in hives and keep out pests.
• It has been used in traditional medicine for centuries to treat various ailments.
• Bee propolis is a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals.
List of other Similar Ingredients
• Royal Jelly
• Bee Pollen
• Bee Venom