What is Buddha's Hand?
Buddha's Hand is a citrus fruit, native to China and India, that can be found in most Asian markets. It is known for its unique, claw-like, lemon-like shape and sweet, fragrant aroma. Its flesh is usually segmented but can vary in shape and size. Buddha's Hand is an aromatic, sweet-tasting citrus fruit with a variety of culinary and medicinal uses.
Where is Buddha's Hand generally used?
Buddha's Hand is commonly used in Southeast Asian cooking, often served as a garnish, zest, or in marinades. It can also be used to make juice, jams, jellies, and syrups. Its sweet flavor pairs well with desserts and pastries, and its fragrant aroma works well in perfumes and cosmetics.
Where is Buddha's Hand found?
Buddha's Hand is found almost exclusively in Asian markets. It is generally available from spring to fall and is best stored at room temperature.
What are the health benefits of Buddha's Hand?
- Buddha's Hand is a good source of vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system and aid in the absorption of iron.
- It is also high in fiber, which can help support digestive health and regulate blood sugar levels.
- The essential oils in Buddha's Hand can help reduce inflammation and improve respiratory health.
- It is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help reduce cellular damage.
Interesting Facts about Buddha's Hand:
- The “fingers” of the fruit are said to represent the digits of Buddha’s hand.
- Unlike other citrus fruits, Buddha’s Hand does not contain any juice, only its zest.
- It is sometimes used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat a variety of ailments.
- In Japan, it is a symbol of happiness and luck.
List of Other Similar Ingredients:
- Key Lime
- Mandarin Orange
- Blood Orange
In conclusion, Buddha's Hand is a sweet, fragrant citrus fruit with a variety of culinary and medicinal uses. It is high in vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber, making it a great addition to any diet. It is also believed to bring luck and happiness, making it a wonderful symbol of joy. For those looking for a unique and nutritious ingredient, Buddha’s Hand is an excellent choice.