What are Caffeoylquinic Acids?
Caffeoylquinic acids (known as CQA) are a group of phenolic compounds found in many plants, including fruits, vegetables, and herbs. These acids have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and other protective effects, contributing to the overall health benefits associated with the consumption of plant-based foods. CQA is an active ingredient found in dietary supplements, and is used to enhance cognitive performance, improve physical energy, and support weight loss.
Where are Caffeoylquinic Acids Generally Used?
Caffeoylquinic acids are used in dietary supplements to improve cognitive performance, physical energy, and weight loss. They are also used in cosmetic products to improve skin health, reduce wrinkles, and reduce pigmentation. Caffeoylquinic acids are also found in some beverages, including coffee, tea and red wines.
Where are Caffeoylquinic Acids Found?
CQA is found in some fruits, vegetables, herbs, coffee, tea and red wines. It is also found in some supplements and cosmetic products.
What are the Health Benefits of Caffeoylquinic Acids?
- Improved cognitive performance
- Increased physical energy
- Supports weight loss
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves brain function
- Promotes skin health
- Reduces wrinkles
- Reduces pigmentation
Interesting Facts about Caffeoylquinic Acids
- Caffeoylquinic acids are a type of plant polyphenol
- CQA is one of the most important phenolic components in coffee
- The antioxidant activity of CQA is attributed to its structure, which contains two hydroxyl groups (OH)
- Caffeoylquinic acids are essential in the formation of melanin, a pigment responsible for skin colouration
List of Other Similar Ingredients
- Chlorogenic acid, a polyphenol found in many plants
- Quercetin, an antioxidant found in many fruits and vegetables
- Curcumin, a compound found in turmeric
- Resveratrol, an antioxidant found in red wine
- Catechins, a group of antioxidants found in green tea
In conclusion, Caffeoylquinic acids are a group of phenolic compounds found in many plants, including fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Consuming foods that contain CQA can support cognitive performance, physical energy, weight loss, and skin health. Caffeoylquinic acids are also a popular active ingredient in dietary supplements and cosmetic products. Other active ingredients found in dietary supplements that are similar to caffeoylquinic acids include chlorogenic acid, quercetin, curcumin, resveratrol, and catechins.