What is Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate?
Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB) is a metabolically active form of ketone body that is produced naturally in the liver. It is a source of fuel used as an alternative to glucose while the body is in a state of ketosis. BHB is known to increase the rate of fat burning, optimize metabolic rate, and reduce inflammation. It provides the body with a readily available source of energy to help it maintain high performance levels.
Where is Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate generally used?
Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate is generally taken by people following a low-carbohydrate diet such as the keto diet. It is also used by athletes and bodybuilders for increased energy, endurance, and performance. It is also used for improving cognitive function and mental clarity in people with neurological and cognitive disorders.
Where is Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate found?
Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate is found in a variety of supplements such as tablets, capsules, and powder form. It can also be found in some foods such as coconut oil and grass-fed butter.
What are the health benefits of Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate?
- Increased energy and endurance
- Enhanced cognitive function
- Improved metabolic rate
- Reduced inflammation
- Accelerated fat burning
- Balanced blood sugar levels
- Improved appetite control
Interesting Facts about Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate
- Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate is thought to be the most bioavailable form of ketone body available.
- It is a source of energy used by the body during a state of ketosis.
- Unlike other forms of ketone bodies, BHB doesn’t produce a “keto-breath smell”.
List of other similar ingredients
- Calcium acetoacetate
- Magnesium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate
- Sodium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate
- Potassium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate
- Calcium acetoacetate
In conclusion, Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate is a metabolically active form of ketone body that is found in supplements and some natural food sources. It provides the body with a readily available source of energy and has a range of health benefits including increased energy, improved cognitive function, and reduced inflammation. It is important to speak to a healthcare professional before taking any supplements.