Campsis tagliabuana, also known as Chinese trumpet creeper, is an evergreen vine native to East and Southeast Asia. It is a woody perennial vine, growing up to 10 metres in height and is often used as an ornamental in gardens and parks. The leaves of the plant are glossy green and ovate-shaped, while the flowers are trumpet-shaped with bright orange-red petals.
Campsis tagliabuana is generally used to bring a tropical look to gardens and landscape designs. The vine produces beautiful orange-red flowers which attract butterflies and birds. It can be used to create an attractive natural screen, giving added privacy to your garden. The vine is easy to grow and can be trained onto trellises and other structures to create an interesting visual display.
Campsis tagliabuana is native to Japan, China, Indonesia and India, but is also found in warmer parts of Europe and North America. The plant prefers a warm, sunny position and well-drained soil. It can be propagated from the seeds of the plant, or from cuttings from the stems.
The health benefits of Campsis tagliabuana include its ability to reduce inflammation and improve digestive health. The leaves have been used in traditional medicine for centuries to treat diarrhoea, indigestion and nausea. The extract from the flowers and leaves can also help to reduce inflammation, improve skin health, soothe sore throats, and reduce the symptoms of menopause.
Health Benefits of Campsis tagliabuana include;
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving digestive health
- Treating diarrhoea, indigestion and nausea
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving skin health
- Soothing sore throats
- Reducing the symptoms of menopause
Interesting Facts About Campsis tagliabuana
- Campsis tagliabuana is native to East and Southeast Asia, but is also found in warmer parts of Europe and North America.
- The orange-red flowers of the vine attract butterflies and birds.
- The leaves of the plant have been used in traditional medicine for centuries to treat diarrhoea, indigestion and nausea.
- The extract from the flowers and leaves can also help to reduce inflammation and improve skin health.
List of Other Similar Ingredients with Health Benefits
- Garcinia cambogia – used to reduce appetite and to help with weight loss.
- Centella asiatica – used to improve the healing of wounds and to reduce inflammation.
- Withania somnifera – used as a natural sedative and to reduce anxiety.
- Banaba – used to help reduce blood sugar levels and to improve cholesterol levels.
- Pomegranate – used to improve heart health, boost the immune system and reduce inflammation.