What is Candida?
Candida is a type of yeast-like fungus that is often found in the human body. It is estimated that around three out of four women will have a Candida infection at some point in their lives, and it is most commonly found in the vagina, mouth, and intestines. While it typically lives in balance with other microorganisms, Candida can multiply quickly and cause issues. Symptoms of Candida overgrowth include fatigue, digestive issues, skin rashes, and yeast infections.
Where is Candida Generally Used?
Candida is typically found in the digestive system and vagina, but it can also cause skin infections and respiratory issues. It is important to note that Candida infections are more likely to occur in people with weakened immune systems and those who are taking antibiotics or other drugs that can disrupt the natural balance of the body.
Where is Candida Found?
Candida is found naturally on the skin and in the intestines, digestive and genital systems of humans and other warm-blooded animals. It can also be found on damp surfaces including bathtubs, laundry machines, and any surface that has been exposed to human sweat or saliva.
What are the health benefits of Candida?
There are currently no known health benefits of Candida as it is generally seen as a harmful organism. It can, however, be beneficial in preventing overgrowth of harmful bacteria and fungi which can cause illness.
Interesting Facts about Candida
- Candida was first discovered in 1854 by French microbiologist C. Albicans.
- Candida is the most common fungal infection encountered in humans.
- It is estimated that around 30% of women will develop a Candida infection at least once in their life.
List of other similar ingredients with health benefits
- Bifidobacteria – Regulates digestion, supports immune system
- Saccharomyces Boulardii – Improves gut health and digestive function
- Probiotics – Strengthens immunity
- BioTract – Reduces inflammation and boosts digestive health
- Curcumin – Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties