What is Cannabidivarin?
Cannabidivarin (CBDV) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp and cannabis plants. It is a homolog of cannabidiol, meaning it shares similar chemical properties. Unlike THC, CBDV does not produce a euphoric “high” but is known to possess potential therapeutic benefits such as pain relief, anti-inflammatory properties, and anti-anxiety properties.
Where is Cannabidivarin generally used?
CBDV is gaining popularity as an alternative to CBD, as it has been found to possess similar properties without the psychoactive effects. It is often used as a dietary supplement or in therapeutic products such as lotions, tinctures, and oils.
Where is Cannabidivarin found?
Cannabidivarin can be found in the leaves and flowers of the female hemp and cannabis plants. It is also produced in the form of crystalline powder or oil that can be extracted from the plant.
What are the health benefits of Cannabidivarin?
- CBDV is known to possess anti-epileptic and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a potential treatment for conditions such as epilepsy and chronic pain.
- Studies have also shown CBDV to have anxiolytic and anti-depressant effects, making it a possible alternative treatment for anxiety and depression.
- CBDV has been found to lower blood pressure and reduce nausea.
- It has also been suggested to possess anti-cancer properties, although more research is needed in this area.
Interesting Facts About Cannabidivarin
- Cannabidivarin is not psychoactive, meaning it does not produce the “high” associated with THC.
- CBDV is also considered to be less toxic than CBD, which is beneficial for those who are trying to reduce their toxic load.
- According to recent studies, CBDV may be more effective at reducing inflammation than CBD.
List of Other Similar Ingredients
Other cannabinoids and compounds that contain cannabidivarin include cannabigerol (CBG), cannabichromene (CBC), and terpenes.
In conclusion, cannabidivarin is a naturally occurring cannabinoid found primarily in the resin of the Cannabis sativa plant. With potential anti-inflammatory and other health benefits, it has become a popular alternative to CBD for those interested in the potential therapeutic benefits of cannabis. Before beginning any treatments or diets, however, it is important to consult a doctor or healthcare professional.