What is Chitin-Glucan?
Chitin-Glucan is a naturally occurring form of dietary fiber, derived primarily from the cell walls of certain fungi, seaweed, and some species of bacteria. It is a combination of two polysaccharides, chitin and glucans, which provide a wide range of health benefits.
Where is Chitin-Glucan generally used?
Chitin-Glucan is commonly used in dietary supplements, functional foods, and cosmetics. It is also used as a food additive, as an ingredient in animal feed, and as a natural preservative.
Where is Chitin-Glucan found?
Chitin-Glucan is widely found in nature in many species of fungi, bacteria, and seaweed. It is also produced commercially by the fermentation of certain strains of fungi and bacteria.
What are the health benefits of Chitin-Glucan?
Chitin-Glucan has a range of health benefits, including the following:
- Improves gut health and digestion
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports the immune system
- May help to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer
- Has anti-aging properties
- May help to maintain a healthy weight
- May improve blood sugar control
Interesting Facts about Chitin-Glucan
- Chitin-Glucan can be used as a food preservative, as it helps to inhibit the growth of microorganisms.
- Chitin-Glucan is a prebiotic, meaning that it helps to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Chitin-Glucan is a natural gel-forming agent, which is used to thicken and stabilize food products.
List of other similar ingredients
Other similar ingredients include chitosan, natto gum, and other polysaccharides.