What is Chitin-Glucan Complex?
Chitin-Glucan complex is a natural, bioactive polysaccharide composed of two types of sugar molecules, chitin and glucan. It is found in the cell wall of many fungi, bacteria, and seaweed, and is used commercially in many food and medical applications. Chitin-Glucan has a wide range of health benefits, including gut health, improved digestion, reduced inflammation, and anti-aging properties.
Where is Chitin-Glucan Complex Generally Used?
Chitin-Glucan complex is used commercially in a variety of food applications, such as food preservative, thickening and stabilizing agent, and prebiotic. It is also used as an excipient in medical applications such as tablets and capsules, and is present in certain cosmetics and personal care products.
Where is Chitin-Glucan Complex Found?
Chitin-Glucan complex is found naturally in many species of fungi, bacteria, and seaweed. It is also produced commercially by the fermentation of certain strains of fungi and bacteria.
What are the Health Benefits of Chitin-Glucan Complex?
Chitin-Glucan complex has a range of health benefits, including the following:
- Improves gut health and digestion
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports the immune system
- May help to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer
- Has anti-aging properties
- May help to maintain a healthy weight
- May improve blood sugar control
Interesting Facts about Chitin-Glucan Complex
- Chitin-Glucan can be used as a food preservative, as it helps to inhibit the growth of microorganisms.
- Chitin-Glucan is a prebiotic, meaning that it helps to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Chitin-Glucan is a natural gel-forming agent, which is used to thicken and stabilize food products.
List of Other Similar Ingredients
Other similar ingredients include chitosan, natto gum, and other polysaccharides.