What is Chlorella?
Chlorella is a single-celled, green algae found in freshwater lakes and ponds. It’s one of the oldest known forms of life on Earth, and is rich in nutrients and health-promoting compounds. It is a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids the body needs, as well as a range of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. It is also incredibly rich in chlorophyll, the pigment that gives plants their green colour.
Where is Chlorella generally used?
Chlorella is considered to be one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, and is often used as a dietary supplement to boost overall health and wellbeing. It can be found in powder, tablet, and capsule form, as well as in liquid extracts and even as a tablet or capsule. It is also commonly added to smoothies, juices, and other food and beverage products.
Where is Chlorella found?
Chlorella is usually found in fresh water lakes and ponds in temperate climates around the world. In recent years, it has also become available in a variety of forms, including powdered, tablet, capsule, and liquid extract.
What are the health benefits of Chlorella?
Chlorella is packed with nutrients and compounds that can help to support a healthy immune system, promote healthy digestion, and detoxify the body. Some of the health benefits of Chlorella include:
- Boosting the immune system.
- Rich in antioxidants, which can help protect against cell damage.
- Encouraging healthy digestion.
- Providing anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Containing anti-inflammatory compounds.
- May help to reduce the risk of some types of cancer.
Interesting Facts about Chlorella
- Chlorella has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to improve overall health and well-being.
- Chlorella is a complete protein, containing all the essential amino acids the body needs.
- Chlorella is incredibly rich in nutrients, and is estimated to contain up to 20 times the amount of chlorophyll found in other plants.
List of Other Similar Ingredients
Other ingredients that are useful for boosting immunity and providing other health benefits include spirulina, wheatgrass, barley grass, and bee pollen.