What is Convolvulus Pluricaulis?
Convolvulus Pluricaulis, also known as Shankhpushpi, is an herb that is widely used in ayurvedic medicine across India. It has a long history of use, and is known for its ability to aid in cognition and mental clarity. The herb's Latin name translates to "many stemmed" convolvulus, referring to the plant's large number of tender stems that grow up to two feet high! It's also known for its beautiful white and purple flowers.
Where is Convolvulus Pluricaulis generally used?
Convolvulus Pluricaulis is commonly used in traditional ayurvedic medicine for its multiple health benefits. It is commonly used as a brain tonic and is said to improve concentration and mental clarity. It has also been used to treat conditions such as insomnia, anxiety, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Where is Convolvulus Pluricaulis found?
Convolvulus Pluricaulis is native to India and can be found growing in the wild in many parts of the country. It is also available in the form of supplements, powders, and syrups in many health shops and herbal medicine outlets.
What are the health benefits of Convolvulus Pluricaulis?
Convolvulus Pluricaulis is being studied due to its potential health benefits, which include:
- Improving cognitive performance, memory, and concentration
- Reducing stress and anxiety levels
- Boosting immunity
- Enhancing metabolism
- Improving digestion
- Relieving headache and migraines
Interesting Facts about Convolvulus Pluricaulis
- Convolvulus Pluricaulis is often referred to as “Milky Oats” or “Divine Herb” due to its white and purple flowers.
- It is believed to be a powerful brain tonic with the ability to enhance one’s mental capacity.
- Shankhpushpi has been used in ayurvedic medicine for centuries and is known for its calming effect.
List of other similar ingredients
- Bacopa Monnieri
- Withania Somnifera
- Centella Asiatica
- Gotu Kola