What is Copper Alpha-Ketoglutarate?
Copper alpha-ketoglutarate (CaaKG) is a combination of two specific active ingredients: copper and alpha-ketoglutarate. It is formed from a reaction between the copper salt and an alpha-ketoglutaric acid, both of which are commonly found in nature. The resulting compound is a white, odorless powder.
Where is Copper Alpha-Ketoglutarate Generally Used?
Copper alpha-ketoglutarate (CaaKG) has become a popular supplement due to its potential to improve physical performance and muscle growth. It is used as an ingredient in many health and fitness supplements, such as pre-workout drinks, protein powders, and energy bars.
Where is Copper Alpha-Ketoglutarate Found?
CaaKG is typically derived from dietary sources, such as animal meat, fish, nuts, and legumes. It can also be manufactured in a laboratory, either synthetically or through chemical reactions.
What are the Health Benefits of Copper Alpha-Ketoglutarate?
CaaKG is thought to improve physical performance by increasing the amount of oxygen and energy available to cells during times of exertion. It is also used to promote muscle growth, reduce inflammation, reduce oxidative stress, and protect against free radical damage.
Interesting Facts about Copper Alpha-Ketoglutarate
- CaaKG is a molecule consisting of two compounds: copper and alpha-ketoglutarate.
- CaaKG is thought to improve physical performance and promote muscle growth.
- It is commonly found in dietary sources, such as animal meat, fish, nuts, and legumes.
List of Other Similar Ingredients
- Zinc alpha-ketoglutarate
- Magnesium alpha-ketoglutarate
- Calcium alpha-ketoglutarate
- Sodium alpha-ketoglutarate
- Potassium alpha-ketoglutarate