What is Copper Fructo-Oligosaccharides?
Copper Fructo-Oligosaccharides (CFO) is a complex carbohydrate composed of short-chain sugar molecules including fructose and glucose. It is a relatively new functional food ingredient used in nutrition and health-promoting products. CFO is created using a process of enzymatic hydrolysis, which breaks down long-chain carbohydrates and creates short-chain sugars.
CFO is a prebiotic fiber which helps to stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut and promote healthy digestion. It is thought to have numerous health benefits, including aiding in weight management, reducing cholesterol, and improving digestive health.
Where is Copper Fructo-Oligosaccharides generally used?
CFO is generally used to add nutrition, texture, and flavor to food products such as bread, cereal, and yogurt. It is also added to drinks, nutritional supplements, and pharmaceuticals.
Where is Copper Fructo-Oligosaccharides found?
CFO can be found in a variety of foods and drinks, including apples, prunes, onions, asparagus, and some dairy products, as well as in certain dietary supplements.
What are the health benefits of Copper Fructo-Oligosaccharides?
CFO is thought to have numerous health benefits, including:
- Aid in weight management by helping to reduce cravings and snacking.
- Reduce cholesterol levels.
- Improve digestion by encouraging the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Support the immune system by fighting off bad bacteria.
Interesting Facts about Copper Fructo-Oligosaccharides
- CFO is a relatively new functional food ingredient.
- CFO is created using a process of enzymatic hydrolysis which breaks down long-chain carbohydrates.
- It is generally used to add texture, flavor, and nutrition to food products.
List of other similar ingredients