What is Coriolus Mushroom?
Coriolus mushroom, also known as turkey tail mushroom, is a polypore mushroom widely found in the woods of North and East Asia as well as North America. The scientific name for Coriolus mushroom is Trametes versicolor, as the mushroom's color varies from white to brown, black, and even green. It has been used for centuries in Eastern medicine as a treatment for various ailments.
Where is Coriolus Mushroom generally used?
Coriolus mushroom is often used in traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic medicine, and European medicine. It is believed to possess anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant properties. In some cases, coriolus mushroom is used alone, while in other cases, it is used as an additive to herbal formulas for its potential medicinal benefits.
Where is Coriolus Mushroom found?
Coriolus mushroom can be found in the form of capsules, powders, and extracts in many health food stores, natural health clinics, and online stores.
What are the health benefits of Coriolus Mushroom?
Coriolus mushroom has been studied for its potential health benefits, such as:
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Antioxidant properties
- Possessing anti-bacterial properties
- Boosting the immune system
- Helping with diabetes management
- Possessing anti-arthritic properties
Interesting Facts about Coriolus Mushroom
- Coriolus mushroom has been used for centuries in Eastern medicine as a treatment for various ailments.
- Coriolus mushroom has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Coriolus mushroom has also been found to have anti-bacterial and antifungal effects.
List of Other Similar Ingredients
- Aloe vera