What is Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate?
Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate, also known as ‘HMB’, is a form of creatine that is composed of three molecules of beta-hydroxybutyrate bound to one molecule of creatine. It is often used as a dietary supplement to improve physical performance and build muscle strength, power output and endurance. HMB is also known to have other health benefits, as it may help reduce muscle damage, fatigue, and recovery time after exercise and physical activity.
Where is Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate generally used?
Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate is generally used by athletes and bodybuilders to increase their anaerobic and aerobic performance. HMB is also used in clinical applications to improve physical performance in patients who are suffering from muscle loss and fatigue.
Where is Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate found?
Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate is found naturally in some foods, such as avocado, grapefruit, and beef. However, the amount of HMB found in these foods is not enough to provide any noticeable performance-enhancing benefits. Therefore, the majority of people that use HMB as a supplement will take it in powder form or in capsule form.
What are the health benefits of Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate?
Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate is known to have a variety of health benefits:
- It can help to increase muscle size, strength and power output.
- It may help to reduce muscle damage and fatigue, as well as recovery time after exercise and physical activity.
- It may help to increase aerobic performance.
- It may help to boost energy production, resulting in better overall performance.
Interesting Facts about Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate
- Creatine beta-hydroxybutyrate is a form of monohydrate creatine.
- It is composed of three molecules of beta-hydroxybutyrate bound to one molecule of creatine.
- HMB has been studied as a supplement to improve physical performance and increase muscle size, strength, and power output.
- It is believed to be more effective than other forms of creatine in providing performance-enhancing benefits.
- It is commonly used in clinical settings to improve physical performance in patients suffering from muscle loss and fatigue.
List of Other Similar Ingredients
Other similar ingredients that can be taken as dietary supplements include beta alanine, l-arginine, branched chain amino acids, whey protein, casein protein, and plant-based proteins.